Saturday, July 2, 2011

Tiger's Quest

My personal library delivery service (a.k.a.:Dad) brought me the second book in a series I've been reading. It just came out and I'm all excited. But, since it's a series that isn't finished yet I have issues with being left hanging at the end of the book and having to wait months or years for book 3...which the author did to me with the first book. So I turned straight to the end (I know, I know! Bad!) to see what was up. And yes, in fact, I shall be left hanging yet again. I'm sure everything will turn out alright in the end, but it appears that the Persian prince, cursed to take the form of a white tiger, has had his memory erased by the evil villain and does not remember the young American girl whom he has fallen deeply in love with. Bummer. Sounds like a super cheesey plot line when summarized like that...but I love it. So now I find myself doing another bad thing and skimming through the book to find the sappy love scenes and totally ignoring the (I'm sure, based on book 1) very cool adventure scenes with Hindu gods and goddesses and creatures of Indian mythology. It's a big book, and I must know the details of the romance, but I must also do my dishes, make muffins, and pick up Arron, so I can revisit the adventure parts later and fill in the gaps. And the question of the moment is, why on earth am I blogging about this instead of reading the book?!?!?! Peace out peeps, if ya need me, come look me up in handsome romantic shape-shifting white tiger prince land. (make a left once out of Lollipop Land, straight ahead until you cross the bridge of clouds, right turn at Lusting After Fictional Characters Avenue) ;)

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if having 2 men fight over you is really as annoying as movie and book ladies tend to think it is? Never been in the situation myself, but I think it might be kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete