Monday, September 19, 2011

mean thoughts

Have you ever seen two people together as a couple and thought, "Woah.  What the heck?  She is WAY too hot for him! What is she doing with him?" or he's too hot for her, you get the idea.  And then ya go, "Wow, self, that was a really mean thought."  But it's too late.  Ya thought it anyway, and there was no stopping it.  It was even worse in high school, cuz there were girls that I didn't think were very attractive and they somehow never were without a date, and sometimes they got really cute guys, and I was like......  ?!?!   Nobody asks me out at all, but meanwhile she's got HIM?  And the generally accepted pronouncement when discussing this obvious injustice of the universe with friends was, "She must be a slut."  lol  How mean is THAT?!  Nobody said, "Maybe she has a really great personality." or even "Maybe her older brother buys them beer."  lol  Nope.  Had to be a slut factor there, that was the only explanation. *sigh*  I am so glad I am not a teenager any more.  They're so cruel.  I barely even liked myself when I was that age.  And my poor mother!  I remember screaming at her in the mornings because I couldn't get my hair the way I wanted it.  She was probably praying every night, "Please God, just help me get through these teen years without killing her!"

No comments:

Post a Comment