Sunday, May 8, 2011

Envy

Sometimes I get really envious of women in the public eye who are extremely pretty, like Taylor Swift, for example. Tons of money, perfect skin, cute mouth, nice body, etc. Sometimes I get really down on myself, thinking I could never be like these women, no matter how hard I tried. I keep trying to remind myself that everybody has issues, like, for Taylor, she's never shown without 5lbs of eye makeup on, which makes me think maybe her eyes are too small, or imperfectly positioned on her face or something that the makeup people feel the need to try to cover up. And I bet she fought like hell with that hair before she became famous and had a hairstylist to make it gorgeous for her every day. And then there's personal issues that she might have and I'd never know. Maybe her parents weren't attentive. Maybe they were divorced, or didn't have time for her. Maybe somebody beat her. Maybe she's been sexually abused or raped in the past. Maybe guys only want to go out with her because she's famous and pretty. Maybe she's had her heart broken a lot. Maybe she got failing grades in school. Maybe she has a learning disability of some kind. I know she doesn't have a wonderful, loving husband like I have, cuz she's not married yet. Maybe she'll get married later and then end up getting a divorce. Maybe she'll become an alcoholic later in life. Maybe she has foot fungus. Do you see what I'm getting at? Even though the media makes her and her life appear perfect, ya don't know everything about her, what she's been through, what she will go through, what she struggles with, what she thinks of herself. So even though her image makes me jealous, her life could actually be much worse than mine, just in different ways. And that helps me be more content with being me.

1 comment: